Happy Sunday, everyone! How are you doing this week?
It seems like there’s an excessive amount of stuff going on lately, keeping me running around like a wind-up toy, but most of it is craziness I can’t really talk about. So even though (as usual) I’ve got much to say Thank You for, I’ve really got to reeeeaaach for things I can share. :img11
Well, I AM HAPPY—& beyond grateful—that my babies (a.k.a. The Kittehs) are all healthy & happy & safe. I’m a typical mama bear, spending 98% of my time trying to make them happy & the other 2% worrying that they might get sick or hurt or something might happen to them. (I say 2% because I believe worrying about something can actually make bad things happen, but despite what you may have heard, I am human.) It probably doesn’t help Nicholas is about 16-years-old now, & with the house opened up on a daily basis for the enjoyment of fresh air & summer weather, I have the constant concern that they may somehow manage to get out. :img22 So yeah, I’m just extremely grateful that The Kittehs have all remained safely inside & continue to be fuzzy little balls of energy. :img19
I AM HAPPY that so many TV shows have ended their seasons. Yeah, I miss some of them—& am thoroughly annoyed at the cancellation of others :img20 —but mostly I’m thankful for a bit of a break. Keeping up with so many new episodes is practically a part-time job! And I don’t even let myself watch new stuff unless it’s on the Torture Cycle (because if I have time to watch TV, I have time to write, don’t I? :img16 ), which means it takes me even longer to get stuff watched.
It also seems I’m becoming a bit of a pillow collector. Completely unintentionally. (If there’s anything I don’t need more of, it’s pillows. :img18 ) But how could I resist when I found a couple that put huge smiles on my face? The first is the Wicked Witch from The Wizard of Oz & uses one of my very favorite (& oft-repeated) lines: “I’ll get you, my pretty, and your little dog, too!”
And the other is…well, this:
And I AM HAPPY to have both of them. Bwahahaha!
So how about you? How has the past week been treating My Darlings? Whatever you’re happy about or thankful for, we’d love to hear about it! Then we’ll do a bit of celebrating…you know, weather permitting. :img30