movies (& TV) with bite
With Halloween just around the corner & THE BITE BEFORE CHRISTMAS newly released, you know my vampire viewing has increased exponentially.
So here’s a list of some of my faves—& some of my greatest inspirations. :winkwink
My Top 5 Favorite Vampire Movies
5. Buffy the Vampire Slayer (the movie)
4. Blade: Trinity (this is about the only one I can watch; the other two just don’t do it for me)
3. From Dusk Till Dawn (the first half has nothing to do with vampires…then it gets good)
2. Van Helsing (I know this one has gotten a bad rap, but I really like it. And, after all, we are talking Hugh Jackman here.)
1. The Lost Boys (a total classic…it’s funny, sexy, hip…yep, a total classic)
Honorable Mention goes to Underworld: Rise of the Lycans (also Underworld & Underworld: Evolution, but Rise of the Lycans is my favorite of the three), Dead and Loving It, & John Carpenter’s Vampires.
My Top 5 Favorite Vampire TV Shows
5. Dark Shadows (I’m more of a fan of the “The New” Dark Shadows over the original, but that may have something to do with the fact that it was in color & also starred Adrian Paul & Michael T. Weiss. )
4. Forever Knight
2. Kindred: The Embraced
1. Buffy the Vampire Slayer (the series) (DUH!)
Honorable Mention goes to Moonlight & Hex.
How about you? What are your favorite vampire movies & television shows of all time?
8 Comments • Comments Feed
i dont have very many! im not into the whole scary movies! :surrprisse
but i do have a few faves for Halloween…
Young Frankenstein :frank ….. although not a vampire movie….
Love at first bite with George Hamilton and Susan St. James!!
I Loved Buffy and Angel…really…who wouldnt love Angel? :Bigthumbs
On October 21, 2010 at 11:35 am
I don’t have very many…Interview With the Vampire is about the only vampire movie I can remember seeing. *sad I know*
TV shows: Buffy and Angel. and that “vampire” episode of Castle.
However, in its short Broadway run…I did see Dance of the Vampires twice. In the same day. Hell, Michael Crawford was a BAMF in that and he told dirty jokes about sponges.
On October 21, 2010 at 1:44 pm
How could I forget seeing Lost Boys? Sheesh…bad me!
On October 21, 2010 at 4:09 pm
Paula R. says:
I miss Forever Knight. I also love the orignial Lost Boys and Blade. I like them all because the fight scenes are great. Anything with Vincent Price or Christopher Lee. They played wonderful vamps.
Peace and love,
On October 21, 2010 at 3:39 pm
Mary K says:
I loved Forever Knight. But my favorite movie is Fright Night. I also just found out that The Gates got cancelled and won’t be coming back. Booo Hiss.
On October 22, 2010 at 6:17 am
Tara E says:
My favorite vampire movie is Interview With A Vampire…my favorite werewolf movie is Blood & Chocolate. Does anyone remember that vampire movie with Jim Carrey called Once Bitten. i think it was before In Living Color. One of my favorites as a kid was The Monster Squad…”wolfman’s got nards!” Awesome! :dracuulla
On October 22, 2010 at 11:37 pm
Track Jacket says:
Rise Of The Lycans do have some great fighting scene between the werewolves and the vampires, it is a nice movie :~:
On December 3, 2010 at 2:23 am
Tact Switch says:
‘.’ I am very thankful to this topic because it really gives useful information *:.
On January 24, 2011 at 10:03 pm