Hidden Heir required viewing
In preparation of HER LITTLE SECRET, HIS HIDDEN HEIR‘s release, it’s important that we watch as many food-related movies as possible. This will work to get you all hungry & salivating, thus creating not just a want, but a need to read Marc & Vanessa’s story.
Oh, I’m going the right way for a smacked bottom, & I don’t care who knows it! :bart That’s right…I will stop at nothing to get you to buy my book, & that includes the cruelest forms of torture. :mwah
I’ve got a great list of Must-Watch foodie movies started, but let’s see how many more you can come up with.
Here are mine:
Stranger Than Fiction
Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory / Charlie & the Chocolate Factory
Run Fat Boy Run
Eat Drink Man Woman
Like Water for Chocolate
Julie & Julia
So how about you—what food-filled films would you recommend to work up an appetite for HER LITTLE SECRET, HIS HIDDEN HEIR? :cookin
P.S. I’m going off the reservation a bit today, also blogging at Brava Authors & giving away cover flats (if you’re interested) for my September 27th paranormal release, MUST LOVE VAMPIRES. Hope you’ll drop by & say hello. :cupcake
7 Comments • Comments Feed
Carrie (from Wisconsin) Hinkel-Gill says:
Since you’ve already listed a few of my faves, I guess I have to go for second tier movies (they are to me, anyway).
1. Woman on Top – where I first discovered Penelope Cruz!
2. Fried Green Tomatoes – okay not really cooking, but it involves a restaurant.
3. Spitfire Grill – again not really cooking but revolves around the restaurant
4. Letters to Juliet – I include this here because they do talk about food a bit in it!
5. Sideways – focuses more on the wine aspect, but still a good movie
6. Under the Tuscan Sun – okay, more about a writer living in Italy, but they do have food in it!
7. Frankie and Johnny (Michelle Pfieffer and Al Pacino) – takes place in a diner…
8. Four Seasons (Alan Alda, Carol Burnett) – story revolves around meals with friends over the 4 different seasons – helps that it’s got a great soundtrack and beautiful scenery!
9. Mystic Pizza
10. When Harry Met Sally – “I’ll have what she’s having!” – love that scene! :ROFL
On May 24, 2011 at 10:37 am
Oooh, good ones. Have to admit, I’m not a fan of Sideways or When Harry Met Sally… even tho I *know* others think they’re fabu. :hide
But I forgot about Mystic Pizza & Fried Green Tomatos…which have food names right in the titles, for heaven’s sake. :cookin
On May 24, 2011 at 8:35 pm
Laura J. says:
Thanks! Now I’m hungry!!!! All these food related posts are going to cause me to gain back the 9 pounds I lost. :humpf
On May 24, 2011 at 6:49 pm
LOL Wait till you read the book. :whistledev
On May 24, 2011 at 8:32 pm
Laura J. says:
you are evil! just evil!!!! guess now I’ll go cross the Ho-Ho’s off the grocery list. :humpf
On May 24, 2011 at 8:37 pm
Laura J. says:
My harem of hotties are going to be very, very busy comforting me.
to the bedroom! NOW!!!!!!! :mistress
On May 24, 2011 at 8:39 pm
I’m currently on another Hawaii Five-0 kick, so I’m having good ol’ harem fun myself. :inbed
On May 24, 2011 at 10:23 pm